Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Life at Tennessee State University

Synopsis

This is Tennessee State University, founded in 1912. This HBCU was formally known the Agricultural and Industrial State Normal School in 1909. The school got full-fledged land-grant by the Tennessee State Board of Education in 1958, which renamed the school Tennessee Agricultural & Industrial State University. In 1968, state legislature dropped "Agricultural & Industrial" and named the institute Tennessee State University. This institute of higher learning has 45 undergraduate bachelor degrees, 21 master degrees, doctoral degrees in six areas, and two campus. Tennessee State University has a campus located downtown Nashville known as the Avon Williams Campus and the main campus, which is located at 3500 John A. Merritt Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37209. Tennessee State University has had a total of eight presidents. The eight and current president is Dr. Glenda Baskin Glover, Ph.D., JD, CPA. 

Humanities Building

My Opinion

I absolutely love Tennessee State University! I have lived in Nashville all my life and never walked around TSU's campus; I have never even saw myself attending Tennessee State University. My mother attended the university when I was a kid, and she loved it. Growing up, I have always heard rumors about TSU, which made me even more skeptical about even applying. But after I graduated high school, I applied and became accepted to the university. Once I touched the campus for the first time, I fell in love. Upon induction into the university, my major has became Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I have met people from across the country here. The staff and faculty are very friendly and treat the students with the utmost respect. I plan to earn my BS in Communications from Tennessee State University in 2016. I also plan to receive my Masters in Journalism from Tennessee State University as well. I am not sure where I want to receive my doctoral degree. But overall, Tennessee State University is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It has taught me about how to manage time, more information about leadership, how to deal with  real-life situations, and how to be an adult who is preparing for the world. If there is anyone who does not know what college to attend, I recommend that he/she should apply to Tennessee State University, the Land of Golden Sunshine.  











No comments:

Post a Comment